Sunday, December 4, 2016

Unexpected fun

The other night we came home from our day, me picking up Layton and just getting home.  I usually cook dinner and Layton does sometimes as well but lately we both haven't been feeling 100% and I have had no desire to cook (or eat really, it just comes with feeling sick for me).  We decided to go out to Even Stevens and when we got there, it was nearly empty! It's always so crowded when we go, it felt really nice to be pretty alone (and we were completely alone at one point).  The music was so good and it felt like it was all picked out just for us (like a Discover weekly playlist on Spotify).  Wes was so happy to be there, the food was good, it just felt magical.  We decided to head to the store after to pick up some soothers for Wes since we've lost all of his (for the umpteenth time, it's so annoying, I don't know how to keep track of them!). We grabbed a few other things while we were there and Layton carried Wesley around on his shoulders.  We got back into the car and headed home.  It wasn't a planned evening and it wasn't fancy, but it felt oh so special.  I'm really not sure what it was, but it was so fun, it felt so good and we were all just so happy.  It's these days and the moments sprinkled throughout the weeks that make me say when someone asks how I'm doing, "really good."








No comments:

Post a Comment