Thursday, May 18, 2017

Bees game

We went to a Bees game the other night, just Layton and me.  It was an extremely windy day and somewhat chilly in the evening and it was the sparsest crowd I've ever seen at a Bees game, but it was so fun.  For some reason, it was Harry Potter themed, they had people dressed up as characters like Bellatrix, Rita Skeeter, Snape, and Moaning Myrtle.  When the players faces were displayed on the jumbotron, sometimes they would put Voldemort's or Harry's or Draco's faces over them, and they randomly played HP theme music.  It was the perfect game for me (because I am OBSESSED with HP, I need to do a post about HP world that I went to a couple of months ago).  The Bees won and it was really fun. 

Now, I need to tell you a story about the concessions at the Bees game.  Layton ordered a cheeseburger and fries, I ordered a corndog.  Layton got his food right away and I am waiting for 5+ minutes for this corndog and I'm sitting there thinking, aren't they already made and just sitting there, waiting for people to order them?? What is the holdup?? FINALLY the boy holds something out to me and says "here's your corndog" I look at it, it is a full hotdog in a bun, I say to him, "no, that is a hotdog" he says "no this is a corndog." At this point I am getting frantic and I say pretty loudly, "NO THAT is a HOT DOG!" The worker behind him sees what's going on and says "uh yeah, that's a hot dog, if you want a corndog though, they'll be in little pieces, is that okay?" I am so irritated and frustrated at this point I just say "yes, whatever, I've already paid for it, just give them to me." I walked away in a huff and Layton and I laughed and laughed about it later, and they ended up being pretty good, but man... the concessions at the Bees game...

No comments:

Post a Comment