Monday, November 28, 2016

Randomness

My least favorite cooking tasks:

1. peeling and mincing garlic (I haaaate peeling garlic but it's like my favorite flavor sooo I put up with it and I know about the pre-minced stuff... not as good IMO)

2. Washing and chopping lettuce.  I HATE washing lettuce and then chopping it when it's all wet... ugh, the worst. 

3. Peeling vegetables. Understandable right? 

4. Grating veggies or grating cheese.  Not only time consuming but dangerous (I cut a gash in my thumb the other month, yeah, I said month, and it's still not completely healed).

5. Cooking anything that sizzles and pops with a fiery vengeance that is out to singe and burn my hands and arms (bacon, I'm looking at you, but I love you so much)

I think that's a good strong list.  What's your least favorite cooking task?

Other randomness:

I vacuumed tonight and it felt so satisfying to see the little leaves and pieces of food and other things get sucked up to reveal clean carpet.  

I have a major sweet tooth that I try really hard to keep in check. 

I spent all of my money this month on soda and clothes... Specifically the "Hissy Fit" from Thirst that's like 2 minutes away from me.  It's Diet coke, coconut, pineapple and coconut cream, basically a DC pina colada.  Soooo good. 

I enjoy my meals as left overs the next day better than right after I make them.  I've heard that when you cook, you smell all the flavors of what you're cooking and it actually satiates you so you don't have as much of an appetite when it's time to eat it.  Seems to ring true for me. 

I lived in Japan for 15 months while serving an LDS mission.  That's where my husband, Layton, and I met.  We both served and ended our missions in the same area (we served at the same time but ended two transfers apart).  I don't need to defend myself in any way so go ahead and think whatever you want to about it. 

Japan and Japanese people have a special place in my heart and soul that can bring out deep emotion just by thinking about it and them.  

I've read the Harry Potter series probably over 5X and some of the individual books even more.  I used to love reading and these days (probably for the past 2 years) if I'm not reading Harry Potter, I don't really read and I feel kind of sad about that. 

My son was a surprise. The best surprise I could have ever possibly received.  It is so obvious to me now that his timing was so perfect and right and just everything. I was terrified and so excited when I found out about his existence and now he turns one next week.  It's been the most incredible journey to be his mom.  He blesses so many lives. 

My birthday is in July. I love it. 

I am 18 months older than my husband.

One of my favorite movies is Shrek 2. I know, so random. 

I spent my 16th birthday in China.  The only countries outside of the US that I've been to are Japan and China.  I've never even been to Canada or Mexico. 

The main trips my family took growing up were road trips to National Parks.  We only flew a few times to California and once to Texas.  We would also go to Sun Valley every summer for the Utah Bar Convention for my dad.  My favorite trip of all time was when we went to Glacier National Park.  It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. 

I think that's enough for now. 







No comments:

Post a Comment