Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Bowls

When Layton and I got married, we were blessed by many people's generosity.  We had to buy barely anything for our home (I am pretty sure we only bought our bed frame and bed and some silverware).  We had these adorable bowls from Target that were white and had the cutest trim near the top.  Little dots that stuck out in a ring around the bowl.  They have been long gone for a while.  I have no clue whatsoever happened to them.  I am pretty convinced Layton's parent's have one, UVU has one, and his old company has one.... I'm not saying Layton loses thing, it's just, the only places I ever go with a bowl are my office which hasn't changed (except within the past three weeks), for the past three years.  So I'm pretty sure I didn't lose it there.

Anyways, I didn't realize how much I missed those bowls until I saw bowls in a picture that looked like them.  It's weird how sad I feel that we don't have those bowls anymore... it's like I lost a small part of that time in our marriage.  I can barely remember it... It's so weird.  I have a bad memory and things slip away from me very easily.  Is there anything I can do to fix that?

The first year of our marriage was not "honeymoon bliss".  It was hard, it was wonderful too, but it was hard.  But I'm thankful and I'm not mad about it, because we learned soooo much and I think went through something couples wait years to face.  We faced the ugly, hard, uncomfortable stuff right up front and dealt with it.  And there were little things that remind me of it... like those bowls.  I don't regret things and am glad that all my little anxieties and fears were things that I expressed and got help to understand and now if something creeps in, I know how to handle it.  But I miss those bowls.  And I wish we could get married again because I could enjoy it so much more now.  And our honeymoon too.  Thankfully our California trip was like our second honeymoon. 


Bowls, I miss you.  And I know I could buy more, but you see, I have a husband going to school and working part time and we have a baby and I work full time and we still don't have much leftover money.  I have to choose wisely what things I want to use money for.  One of my NYR (new years resolutions) is to buy things that will truly add something to my life, that will be helpful and that I will truly enjoy.  I don't think I need more bowls... Not right now anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment